30.6.09

How Amanda Palmer Made $19,000 Using Twitter

Amanda Palmer, lead singer and pianist of the Dresden Dolls and solo artist, writes in a blog post about how she made $19,000 using some creative strategies on Twitter. She performed a “Donation-Only Gig”, did a Webcast Auction, and started the trending topic on Twitter, “Losers Of Friday Night On Their Computers”, on May 15th. From Amanda’s post:

“I twittered a guest-list only event in a recording studio in Boston, to take place a week later. The gig lasted about 5 hours, all told, with soundcheck and signing. I took mostly requests and we had a grand old time. First come, first served. The first 200 people to ask got in, for free. I asked for donations and made about $2200 in cash. I gave $400 back to the studio for the space and the help. We sold some weird merch. I think we should call it an even 2k.”

Here’s how she made the other $17,000: Read more...

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e1f9e5fd0ea9078168878a791f7c6a58